Thursday, July 9, 2009

I am busy

What a busy week I've had...

Well, Leigh Ann, I've re-adapted to doing your job. That keeps me busy.

I haven't had the happiest couple of days for my health - I've been revisited by migraine headaches. But that seems to have passed and will hopefully stay away for a while.

In my housing situation, I visited the idea of getting my mortgage through an agriculture lender we use for work (being an agriculture person, I could use them).
So I put the mortgage broker on hold, scrambled to reassemble all of my information required to obtain a mortgage, and waited (thankfully less than 8 hours) to discover my fate...
The numbers were actually close. Close enough that I stayed with the first guy (especially since he's done all the work!)

The house was appraised this week... so I'm hoping the next step will be a closing date! Almost there...

I'm taking speech class at Valencia Community College this semester - only 3 more classes to go, 2 speeches, and 1 final... and a partridge in a pear tree. I have to say, I was not looking forward to taking this class - not because I hate speaking in front of people, but because I'm fairly comfortable in front of people and have some experience in speaking (albeit, back a few years). But I've been pleasantly surprised. I've learned things, and feel like I could be a much more organized and effective speaker than I was before.
My next speech has to be a persuasive one... I'm thinking of going for "Why you should by from local garden centers instead of Home Depot." Sound good?

Daniel and I have been dating for... oh, 19 months today.
Since we've been dating, I've been wanting to change his room around, to make it... more je ne se quois, conducive to the space it has? I was given permission to do it this Saturday... we'll see if the grand ideas in my head will work with the space he actually has!

2 comments:

bookwormlgi said...

be sure to take before/after pictures to document your success.

LeighAnn said...

How did the room turn out? Yeah for house buying - yippee!!