Wednesday, February 23, 2011

On Being Married

I like it.

A lot of it is the little things that make it so great.

We no longer have to drive 20-25 minutes to be able to spend a few hours together, before returning to our single lives. I get to see him every night.

It's nice to have someone to snuggle with.

It's great to actually cook and eat the food that you buy at the grocery store - because you're home every night instead of grabbing something quick while you're on your way somewhere.

It's nice to have a good reason to stay home for the night, other than "I feel lazy".

It's nice to have a roommate. My house had been feeling kind of lonely with just me in it.

It's so much easier to plan going places and hanging out with friends, when we're both at the same location - no figuring out whose house we're going to meet at (or just meet at whatever location we're going to).

It's fun to host parties together - I'm so thankful for a man who is observant, conscientious and helpful (and a good cook!) when it comes to things around the house.

I feel settled and at home with Daniel.  Even though I've been living in the house for a year and a half, it hasn't felt complete until now.

I like having someone to do things for. I'm not as motivated when it's just me. I tend to clean up after myself a little better, cook more... and I'm trying to start exercising regularly again! I'm thankful to have a man that is concerned for my well-being and wants me to be healthy - but loves me just as I am.

I am blessed by God to have such a great husband to share this life with.


No comments: