Wednesday, September 7, 2011

*Insert Clever Title Here*

Well, this is not a continuation of my health saga. I'll get back to that sometime soon. Unfortunately, it's been a not so great week for me and the Lyme Disease. 


Not to ruin the surprise (and what a great one it is) but I am still dealing with LD. I recently started medicine for it again, and it usually makes me feel worse instead of better. Lately, I've been really tired, mentally clouded (hence, the lack of blog posts lately), zombie-like, and I usually have a headache. 


Thankfully, I don't always feel this way when I'm on medicine. There's good days and bad days, but I seem to be in a bad week. And it's probably going to end in a bad weekend. I'm nervous about starting a new medicine that I've never been on before. I'm supposed to take it only on the weekends (every or every other weekend) because it's probably going to make me feel really awful. I already don't feel so great, and I'm not looking forward to feeling worse. But I'm getting ahead of myself. We'll see what happens this weekend. At least I have a lot of books from the library, a comfy bed and an understanding husband.


On another subject, I've been mentally debating if I need to alter my diet. I already eat gluten free, and I've heard it can benefit LD patients to also eat casein free (present in dairy products), sugar free and caffeine free. I don't know if I can do it. I've got gluten free down, could easily do casein free since I don't eat much dairy. Caffeine would be a little harder but doable. But sugar? I think I may have a sugar addiction. Whenever I've tried to cut it out, I find myself craving it. There are many reasons why it's bad, among them the fact that sugar supresses your immune system. 

But knowing you should do something and actually doing it are two different stories.


Anybody want to try it with me? :-)

2 comments:

Where's My Dream Life? said...

I totally *want* to try that diet...but doubt that I would follow through. I eat a lot of the above. Basically what we're looking at is rice, veggies and meat. I guess fruit and honey for sugar intake. Hmmm...I'm going to consider this. Does that qualify as the paleo diet?

Wish you weren't having a bad week. You seem to maintain such a positive attitude in all this, which is crazy and encouraging. :)

Maybe a good blog title would be, "What CAN I eat for heaven's sake?!"

The Librarian said...

I certainly SHOULD join you in this. Everyone at work who has lost weight has done the no sugar - no flour diet. They don't use sugar substitutes either, and they say the craving goes away (mostly).